About the journal
SCIENCE First Hand is an illustrated interdisciplinary popular science journal published in English. It has been available since 2004 in Novosibirsk Akademgorodok, one of the world's largest research centers. The journal is published in electronic format three times a year. The Russian version, NAUKA iz pervykh ruk, is published in print and electronic format six times a year.
Working closely with Novosibirsk State University, SB RAS research institutes and Novosibirsk Technopark, the journal team presents unique and reliable materials on the most relevant and interesting topics. The authors of SCIENCE First Hand are leading Russian and foreign scientists. The topics cover almost all fields of human knowledge such as biology, medicine, mathematics, physics, chemistry, astronomy, astrophysics, geology, IT, history, archeology, ethnography, etc.
We widely use scientific illustration so that the reader could better perceive the science content. Under the rubric Encyclopedia of Expeditions, the reader will find photographs from the most remote and inaccessible corners of our planet and fascinating stories about scientific expeditions. Another rubric, Science in Pictures, presents most beautiful scientific results obtained by researchers from around the world in the expressive language of micro and macro photography.
Nauka iz pervykh ruk and SCIENCE First Hand are journals for all those involved in research and teaching, those getting education and seeking new knowledge, those who look for answers to complex questions about our world and prefer intellectual activities in their leisure time.
Journal’s website: https://scfh.ru/en
Published since January 2004.
Russian version: six issues a year.
English version: three issues a year.
The journal is registered with the Federal Supervision Agency for Information Technologies and Communication
- Certificate PI No. FS77 - 37577 of September 25, 2009 (Russian print version),
- Certificate El No. FS77 - 37578 of September 25, 2009 (Russian electronic version),
- Certificate El No. FS77 - 37579 of September 25, 2009 (English electronic version),
- Office: 11 Zolotodolinskaya Street, Novosibirsk, Russia
- Postal address: P.O.B. 96 "INFOLIO" Novosibirsk, 630090, Russia
- Tel. +7 (383) 330 27 22, 330 37 33
- Fax + 7 (383) 330 26 67
- email@example.com (Deputy Editor-in-Chief) Lidia Panfilova
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Sales and Subscription Manager) Anna Mistryukova
- Editor-in-Chief RAS Member Valentin Parmon, Doctor of Chemistry
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief RAS Member Valentin Vlassov, Doctor of Chemistry
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief RAS Member Gennady Kulipanov, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief RAS Member Dmitriy Markovich, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief RAS Member Nikolay Kolchanov, Doctor of Biological Sciences
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief Lidia Panfilova
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief Irina Travina
- RAS Member Igor Bychkov, Doctor of Engineering Sciences
- RAS Member Mikhail Grachev, Doctor of Chemistry
- RAS Member Anatoly Derevyanko, Doctor of Historical Sciences
- RAS Member Aleksandr Latyshev, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Dr. Sc. Georgiy Mayer, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics
- RAS Member Nikolay Pokhilenko, Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences
- RAS Member Mikhail Fedoruk, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics
- Dr. Sc. Vladimir Shiltsev, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics
- RAS Corresponding Member Alexander Shiplyuk, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- RAS Member Mikhail Epov, Doctor of Engineering Sciences
- RAS Member Alexei Kontorovich, Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences
- RAS Corresponding Member Andrey Krivoshapkin, Doctor of Historical Sciences
- RAS Member Mikhail Kuzmin, Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences
- RAS Corresponding Member Ivan Koulakov, Doctor of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences
- RAS Member Vyacheslav Molodin, Doctor of Historical Sciences
- RAS Corresponding Member Sergei Netesov, Doctor of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Sc. Artem Oganov, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Ilya Orlov
- RAS Corresponding Member Natalia Polosmak, Doctor of Historical Sciences
- RAS Member Vladimir Shumny, Doctor of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Sc. Aleksandr Elert, Doctor of Historical Sciences
- Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences (SB RAS)
- Rzhanov Institute of Semiconductor Physics SB RAS
- Institute of Archaeology and Ethnography SB RAS
- Limnological Institute SB RAS
- Sobolev Institute of Geology and Mineralogy SB RAS
- Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine SB RAS
- Trofimuk Institute of Petroleum Geology SB RAS
- Novosibirsk State University
- Boreskov Institute of Catalysis SB RAS
- OOO INFOLIO
Publisher: OOO INFOLIO